POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 7 Jun 2010 14:05:24
Message: <4c0d34e4$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller wrote:
> On 7/06/2010 3:29 AM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:
>>
>> Oh, I would and have. Just not pop-art.
>>

> Examples please.

I suppose the definition of 'cool' would be the trick. To me, hand made
jewelery is cool, even if it is just driveway gravel wrapped in plastic
electrical wire. Cheap old cameras are cool, more so if I can make them
work again. Bow-ties are cool. Non-functional? The doll that happened to
match my desk so well that she has sat on it for years without being
noticed often. Some old networking hubs that will look nice in the 19U
racks that serve as storage cabinets. An old brick car phone.

All cheap, but all purchased because of that 'oh, cool, I don't need
that but I want it' factor.

If you were scoping to see what was worth stealing, not a whole lot. ;-)

>> Now, if they made a humidifier version, and added blue LEDs inside the
>> turbine to make the mist glow, then I might get one.
>
> Sounds like a DIY project.

Right, for the cheap knock offs. That way, when the liquid fries one of
the motors, I am only out a few dollars.