POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jun 2010 13:49:33
Message: <4c0d312d$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2010 3:28 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Surely not BP, no?  If so, you might be buying the first round. ;-)
>>>
>> No, I worked for Conoco for 12 years and for 4 years I contracted for
>> other operators.
>
> I see - well, then, I guess the first round's mine. ;-)

But I was on BP's Thistle platform for a trip.

What a mess it was. <Grrr>

>>> But in terms of 'liberal' point of view, green energy is a pretty good
>>> sign, don't you think?
>>>

>> Yes, :-D
>> I transferred my orniness to this thread. ;-)
>
> So I noticed. ;-)

Easy Peasy :-)

>>> <Stephen Colbert>I accept your apology, sir</Stephen Colbert>
>>>
>> Lost on me as we don't get Stephen Colbert here.
>
> It's a common tactic in his interviews (he is a satirical commentator on
> current events, and the last 7 minutes of the show includes an interview
> where he usually tries to wind up the guest).

I’ve seen clips of his show but you noticed that I didn’t fall into your
trap :-P
So I accept you apology in advance.

>>> Might work for me, or it could end up being a texture thing.
>>>
>> Slimy is a description, it goes for “ho fun” too.
>
> Yeah, "slimy" often kicks the gag reflex here.  But not always.

It does for most Westerners :-)

>>> Well, "hot" to you is different than "hot" to me.  It's 82F here right
>>> now, and we're supposed to hit 90F by mid-week.
>>>
>> I thought that as I was writing it.
>
> So what do you consider "hot"?  That'll give me an idea. :)

75 F is hot for most of us Brits but since I've worked in the subtropics
anything over 90 F is too hot for my comfort. I did find 104 F was
tolerable if I moved slowly and kept out of the sun. And I onced worked
for half an hour at a time at 210 F when I was offshore.

>> Yeah, bacon butties are the Devil's invention.
>
> LOL. Bacon, though, is mana. ;-)

You mean that the Israelites were eating bacon during their travels in
the desert?

You could knock be down with a feather.

--

Best Regards,