POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BPM
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Jun 2010 10:58:36
Message: <4c0d091c@news.povray.org>
> Hey, at least he didn't say it's obviously impossible. :-)

No - just ludicrously difficult. ;-)

>> I thought WAV was quite easy to decode, isn't the data just stored
>> byte-by-byte after some header?
>
> Yes. But the headers tell you important stuff like sample size and
> samples per second and such.

I might be mistaken, but I think it also specifies byte-order and
whether the samples are signed or unsigned - pretty damned important
info, that! ;-)

Still, I would also guess that, say, CDex is going to write identical
WAV files for every track ripped. So I can probably just go measure how
many bytes the header is, and skip that...