POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jun 2010 10:28:21
Message: <4c0d0205@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 09:27:09 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 07/06/2010 5:37 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>>> <  lots of local
>>>
>>> -1 point (I worked for oil companies for almost 20 years) :-P
>>
>> Surely not BP, no?  If so, you might be buying the first round. ;-)
>>
> No, I worked for Conoco for 12 years and for 4 years I contracted for
> other operators.

I see - well, then, I guess the first round's mine. ;-)

>> But in terms of 'liberal' point of view, green energy is a pretty good
>> sign, don't you think?
>>

> Yes, :-D
> I transferred my orniness to this thread. ;-)

So I noticed. ;-)

>>> I may have miss-writ.
>>
>> <Stephen Colbert>I accept your apology, sir</Stephen Colbert>
>>
> Lost on me as we don't get Stephen Colbert here.

It's a common tactic in his interviews (he is a satirical commentator on
current events, and the last 7 minutes of the show includes an interview
where he usually tries to wind up the guest).

>>> It is if you can eat Hong Kong style food. For instance in the
>>> scramble egg rice the egg is barely cooked.
>>
>> Might work for me, or it could end up being a texture thing.
>>
> Slimy is a description, it goes for “ho fun” too.

Yeah, "slimy" often kicks the gag reflex here.  But not always.

>>> No, then it is full of tourists and hot. Off season is best. :-)
>>
>> Well, "hot" to you is different than "hot" to me.  It's 82F here right
>> now, and we're supposed to hit 90F by mid-week.
>>
> I thought that as I was writing it.

So what do you consider "hot"?  That'll give me an idea. :)

> the grass has ris’,
> I wonder where the birdie is?
>
> There he is up in the sky,
> He dropped some whitewash in my eye!
>
> I‘m alright, I won't cry,
> I'm just glad that cows can't fly!

LOL

>>> Some people think it is an unclean meat. They don’t know what they are
>>> missing.
>>
>> Well, it tends to be thought of as such for religious reasons, so it
>> either becomes "throw away my religion and religious traditions" or eat
>> it.  Generally; I know a guy who is ostensibly Jewish who likes the
>> occasional bacon sandwich (made with the real thing, not turkey bacon).
>>

> Yeah, bacon butties are the Devil's invention.

LOL. Bacon, though, is mana. ;-)

Jim