POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jun 2010 09:14:01
Message: <4c0cf099@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2010 1:48 PM, scott wrote:

>> gesture. How close were you driving to the car?
>> Tailgating is one of the things that irritate me most.
>
> Yeh me too, personally I have two distances that I usually use. One for
> "I am happy to go the same speed as you", which I guess is around a 4
> second gap. The other is "i want to go faster, please move over when you
> can", but it certainly is not anything close to tailgating, usually
> still the largest gap on the road!

car behind, in my rear view mirror. The other thing I forgot to mention
are those drivers who overtake you and pull in about 4 feet in front of you.

>> just refuse to drive in the slow lane when I know that every couple of
>> minutes I will have to pull out and cross at least one lane.
>
> I don't mind people doing that, as long as it is not so busy that they
> are causing people behind to slow down unnecessarily (when people in
> lane 2 have to either brake or pull out into lane 3 thus causing people
> already in lane 3 to brake).

Right.

> The worst is when you come up behind a
> middle-lane hogger, you can't overtake on the correct side because
> there's a train of cars going 20mph faster than you, and the "slow" lane
> is empty, thus you have to slow down and wait for no reason or perform
> an illegal undertake.

That is inconsiderate. :-(

> BTW there's nothing wrong with changing lanes every couple of minutes,
> most autobahns here away from the cities are 2-lanes, and unless you
> drive 50 or 150 mph you'll be changing lanes usually at least once a
> minute.

Yes every couple of minutes is OK, I was being imprecise. It is the car

out into the RH lane. Overtakes and returns into the LH lane only to
repeat the manoeuvre 10 seconds later that gets on my wick.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen