POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: scott
Date: 7 Jun 2010 08:48:40
Message: <4c0ceaa8$1@news.povray.org>

> How close were you driving to the car?
> Tailgating is one of the things that irritate me most.

Yeh me too, personally I have two distances that I usually use.  One for "I
am happy to go the same speed as you", which I guess is around a 4 second
gap.  The other is "i want to go faster, please move over when you can", but
it certainly is not anything close to tailgating, usually still the largest
gap on the road!

> refuse to drive in the slow lane when I know that every couple of minutes
> I will have to pull out and cross at least one lane.

I don't mind people doing that, as long as it is not so busy that they are
causing people behind to slow down unnecessarily (when people in lane 2 have
to either brake or pull out into lane 3 thus causing people already in lane
3 to brake).  The worst is when you come up behind a middle-lane hogger, you
can't overtake on the correct side because there's a train of cars going
20mph faster than you, and the "slow" lane is empty, thus you have to slow
down and wait for no reason or perform an illegal undertake.

BTW there's nothing wrong with changing lanes every couple of minutes, most
autobahns here away from the cities are 2-lanes, and unless you drive 50 or
150 mph you'll be changing lanes usually at least once a minute.