POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Jun 2010 15:21:46
Message: <4c0bf54a@news.povray.org>
On 06/06/2010 7:20 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Nah, don't be - it's the liberal part of the state. :-)
>>>
>> I'll take your word on that.
>
> No need, it's pretty well documented - democrats hold (and have for
> years) positions as the mayor for SLC and for the county,

+1 point

< lots of local
> "green" initiatives (including vehicles that run on alternative fuels for
> the city),

-1 point (I worked for oil companies for almost 20 years) :-P

>>> LOL, sounds like our kind of place, though we do like personable wait
>>> staff, but if the food's good and it's not a place tourists tend to
>>> frequent, all the better. :-)
>>>

>> One out of three isn’t good. o_O
>
> My read of what you wrote was that tourists tend not to go there because
> of the service (or rather, they get thrown out if they make a stink that
> makes them sound like tourists).

The number of overseas tourists last year was 14.1 million and the total
overnight-stay visitors was 27 million. Not all of them visited the Wong
Kei (Mr Wong’s shop) ;-)
I imagine a lot don’t go more than once. Although, I recommended it to a
Chinese Australian who came on holiday and he ate there 10 times in a
week. The price might have had something to do with it. ;-)

>> The staff are renowned for their rudeness and briskness. The restaurant
>> must be in all the tourist books as it is hoaching with tourists in the
>> season. But this adds to the fun and the queues. You either hate the
>> place or love it.
>
> OK, I misread, then. :-)

I may have miss-writ.

>> I love it because it is the type of Chinese food I like and often the
>> service is quick. So I can nip in for a meal and be out in about half an
>> hour, if I am on my own. Look at the Wiki entry.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Kei The New World in Gerrard Place is
>> maybe a bit more up market. If you like dim sum they do “yum cha” until
>> 6 pm. With the dim sum being served from trolleys and the greeters
>> wearing cheongsam. The food is good and the price for central London is
>> reasonable.
>
> That sounds very good. :-)

It is if you can eat Hong Kong style food. For instance in the scramble
egg rice the egg is barely cooked.

>> Try to come off season, it is cheaper but wet and cold :-)
>
> The last two times have been off-season, and we really enjoyed it.  But
> if we're relocating, we also need to spend a little time there during the
> season as well. :)

No, then it is full of tourists and hot. Off season is best. :-)

>> You got out alive? What a good native guide you had. ;-)
>
> But of course; though I don't know if our friends we went with count as
> natives to Glasgow; certainly to the UK, but not Glasgow. :-)

:-)

>> Fusion :-)
>
> Yeah.  I can't remember which show it was now, but on a cooking show
> someone had to create a new Indian-style dish, and he wasn't sure what
> kind of meat to use; he remembered something about beef, but didn't know
> about pork, so he selected that.  Even still, I think he came out ahead.

Some people think it is an unclean meat. They don’t know what they are
missing.

>> Nor am I generally but it absorbs the flavour wonderfully. Try adding
>> some florets about 15 minutes before the end of the cooking. Overcooking
>> is OK too.
>
> I'll keep that in mind. :)

Actually par boiling them first is best.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen