POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 6 Jun 2010 14:20:23
Message: <4c0be6e7@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 09:59:10 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 06/06/2010 3:51 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 22:02:58 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>>

>>> I'm a bit scared of SLC
>>
>> Nah, don't be - it's the liberal part of the state. :-)
>>
> I'll take your word on that.

No need, it's pretty well documented - democrats hold (and have for
years) positions as the mayor for SLC and for the county, lots of local
"green" initiatives (including vehicles that run on alternative fuels for
the city), and so on. :-)

>> LOL, sounds like our kind of place, though we do like personable wait
>> staff, but if the food's good and it's not a place tourists tend to
>> frequent, all the better. :-)
>>

> One out of three isn’t good. o_O

My read of what you wrote was that tourists tend not to go there because
of the service (or rather, they get thrown out if they make a stink that
makes them sound like tourists).

> The staff are renowned for their rudeness and briskness. The restaurant
> must be in all the tourist books as it is hoaching with tourists in the
> season. But this adds to the fun and the queues. You either hate the
> place or love it.

OK, I misread, then. :-)

> I love it because it is the type of Chinese food I like and often the
> service is quick. So I can nip in for a meal and be out in about half an
> hour, if I am on my own. Look at the Wiki entry.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Kei The New World in Gerrard Place is
> maybe a bit more up market. If you like dim sum they do “yum cha” until
> 6 pm. With the dim sum being served from trolleys and the greeters
> wearing cheongsam. The food is good and the price for central London is
> reasonable.

That sounds very good. :-)

>>> A deal :-D
>>
>> You got it.  Now to find the cash for the trip. :-)
>>
> Try to come off season, it is cheeper but wet and cold :-)

The last two times have been off-season, and we really enjoyed it.  But
if we're relocating, we also need to spend a little time there during the
season as well. :)

>>> Well if it was Glasgow then the chances were he was drunk and …
>>
>> Indeed, I remember parts of my trip to Glasgow.  Good thing we took
>> photos. ;-)
>>
> You got out alive? What a good native guide you had. ;-)

But of course; though I don't know if our friends we went with count as
natives to Glasgow; certainly to the UK, but not Glasgow. :-)

> Fusion :-)

Yeah.  I can't remember which show it was now, but on a cooking show
someone had to create a new Indian-style dish, and he wasn't sure what
kind of meat to use; he remembered something about beef, but didn't know
about pork, so he selected that.  Even still, I think he came out ahead.

> It is a surprise when you do. I buy my rice in 10 Kg bags as well.

It sure is - that's definitely the way to buy it.  It keeps very well as
long as it's a cool, dry place.

>> I'm not a big fan of cauliflower, but I do like potatoes in my curry.
>>
> Nor am I generally but it absorbs the flavour wonderfully. Try adding
> some florets about 15 minutes before the end of the cooking. Overcooking
> is OK too.

I'll keep that in mind. :)

Jim