POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 6 Jun 2010 06:59:43
Message: <4c0b7f9f$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/06/2010 12:58 PM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Jump to new topic: Dyson's patents may have run out, but I haven't seen
> any bagged or bag-less vac that beats the old Rainbows. Similar concept,
> impel the air into a cyclone; only the rainbows used a cyclone of water.

I have seen but not used water based vacs.  More tagged as 'carpet
cleaning'.  You could hire them from shops at one point.  Maybe they
were the 'Rainbow' mode that you mentioned?

> Back to topic: I saw one of the Dyson fans at a big store, I was
> impressed by the design. It does hit "Oh, shiny" quite well. But I will
> still wait for the cheap knock-offs, I can't afford $300 for
> mass-produced art.

Same here.  Doesn't seem like a big enough problem to warrant the
expense (assuming that they are indeed better).  I've never bought
things for cool factor alone.

Plus I would almost never buy V1 of something radically new.  Even the
original Dyson vac looks relatively primitive and lacks a lot of the
refinements of the newer generations.