POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 5 Jun 2010 22:58:38
Message: <4c0b0ede$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller wrote:
> I understand that some of the original patents protecting the Dyson
> vacuum cleaner have expired.  Now there are lots of cheap knock offs on
> the market that emulate the 'bagless' aspect.  The couple I've seen up
> close looked cheap and frail plus lacked a lot of the nice secondary
> features.

Jump to new topic: Dyson's patents may have run out, but I haven't seen
any bagged or bag-less vac that beats the old Rainbows. Similar concept,
impel the air into a cyclone; only the rainbows used a cyclone of water.

Back to topic: I saw one of the Dyson fans at a big store, I was
impressed by the design. It does hit "Oh, shiny" quite well. But I will
still wait for the cheap knock-offs, I can't afford $300 for
mass-produced art.