POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jun 2010 22:51:50
Message: <4c0b0d46@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 22:02:58 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> That’s worth remembering.
>>
>> Except, of course, I meant *when* not *if*. ;-)
>>
> I'm a bit scared of SLC

Nah, don't be - it's the liberal part of the state. :-)

>> Especially in Soho.  I'm going to want to try the one you go to if the
>> chance presents itself - whether it was Fung Shing or not, we just
>> picked it by looking at the menu outside, and it's always better to
>> have a recommendation.
>>
> Hmm! It is a bit of a cult place. I can’t remember the number of times
> I’ve taken people there to see a look of horror on their faces. I
> remember one time when two tourists wanted a table to themselves and
> said that they would pay the difference. The waiter screamed “Rich men
> don’t eat at the Wong Kei. Get out!” In the old days there was often a
> floor show from the waiters who were renowned for their rudeness. But
> the food is very good and very cheap. <Dr John, what’s your opinion?>

LOL, sounds like our kind of place, though we do like personable wait
staff, but if the food's good and it's not a place tourists tend to
frequent, all the better. :-)

>> Yep, and that's what we got.  I grew up reading Paddington Bear
>> stories, and we've got a collection that we still read from time to
>> time. :-)
>>
> The Bear now eats Marmite.

Indeed, but there's no accounting for taste. :-)

>> You have no idea how much restraint.  There was, at one point, an
>> actual danger of one of the members of our party having someone shove
>> chopsticks up her nose.  I'll give it this:  it was certainly
>> memorable. ;-)
>>
> O_O

Yeah, that's the usual reaction to the story. :)

>> But the details of that story are better told in person over a few
>> pints.
>>

> A deal :-D

You got it.  Now to find the cash for the trip. :-)

>> I may have; that's been longer ago than the trip to Soho, and I have no
>> recollection of what specifically we had.
>>
> Congee is rice porridge and ho fun is flat rice noodles.

We may have done the second, but I don't think we did the first.

>> LOL, even if it's not the actual story, it's funny. :-)
>>

> Well if it was Glasgow then the chances were he was drunk and …

Indeed, I remember parts of my trip to Glasgow.  Good thing we took
photos. ;-)

> I’ve eaten in Indian restaurants in OZ, Jamaica and Nigeria. The
> Nigerian Indian food blew my head off but the chef was from Southern
> India where hotter spices are used than in the north. Most British
> Indians are from the North of India or Pakistan or Bangladesh.

That sounds consistent with what I've heard as well.

>>> That is what I am going to do this afternoon, pig curry.
>>
>> Ooooh, don't think I've had that before (pork obviously isn't often
>> used, but you know that<G>).
>
> I used 1 Kg of diced pork and it is delicious. Unfortunately I only have
> Thai fragrant rice. But it does :-)

One does with what one has sometimes.  We buy 20 lb bags of basmati here,
never really seem to run low.  But I could see it mixing well with pork.

>> One year for Thanksgiving we did a turkey curry, and that was quite
>> good.  I prefer prawn, chicken, and lamb (in that order) myself.
>>

> Potato and cauliflower curries are very good too (Bombay potatoes, aloo
> saag and aloo gobi).

I'm not a big fan of cauliflower, but I do like potatoes in my curry.

Jim