POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hungarian notation : Re: Hungarian notation Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hungarian notation
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Jun 2010 13:33:01
Message: <4c0a8a4d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Why object about wrong usage of hungarian notation in particular?

Because, as I said in the first post, the easiest way to maintain the
hungarian notation correctly is to use an IDE sophisticated enough you don't
need hungarian notation to start with.

It's the same reason people prefer "self-documenting code" over "comments".
And the hungarian notation isn't generally useful enough (especially in
something like C) to warrant going thru the code base to fix it by hand when
you change a declaration.

To be fair, this is the first time I've seen this happen so blatently, but
it's an excellent reason to avoid it in the future. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly