POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 and C++0x : Re: Beta 37 and C++0x Server Time
2 Jul 2024 14:09:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 and C++0x
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Jun 2010 11:08:08
Message: <4c0a6858$1@news.povray.org>
On 05.06.10 16:32, Chris Cason wrote:
> On 4/06/2010 09:01, clipka wrote:
>> But the question has become pretty much academic anyway, given that
>> Chris has already announced that he will be addressing the issue himself.
>
> I've made a change that pulls all the 'using namespace std' and 'using
> namespace boost' out of the source, in favor of a few more specific
> declarations in one header file (appropriately commented as to why):
>
>    using std::string;
>    using std::vector;
>    using std::list;
>    using std::runtime_error;
>    using boost::shared_ptr;
>
> since these are the most often used, scattered in many places throughout
> the POV code. all other references to stdlib or boost classes are now
> qualified or limited in scope to a single file. I wanted to do something
> along these lines for a while anyhow, since I do think it's cleaner than
> pulling in all of std (you may notice that in the code I checked in for
> e.g. the shellouts the other week I was preferring qualifiers rather than
> importing namespaces).

The most important question here now is if you tested on any other platform
yet. Windows headers tend to pull in lots of C headers, in particular math
functions and such, so you may have missed a lot of missing declarations
now, unless you added general using declarations everywhere a math function
is used...

	Thorsten