POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Andy - question : Re: Andy - question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Andy - question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jun 2010 08:18:36
Message: <4c0a409c$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 11:59:39 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> Was.
>>
>> Wasn't.<harumph!>
>>

> Was.

n't.  <grumble> ;-)

>>> Near enough. :-P
>>
>> Yeah, now approaching 5 AM pretty quickly.
>>

> True.

And now just after 6 AM.  I'm *finally* starting to get too tired to do
much more; I hit the wall (metaphorically) about 90 minutes ago and
decided trying to learn how to configure freeradius was futile in my
current condition, as was trying to work out configuring a virtual
network interface for the open wifi I want to set up that's restricted to
minimal ports and a fraction of the total bandwidth available.

Those projects will wait for another day.

I got QoS running, and the router is acting as a USB print server as
well.  And it's doing the port forwarding I need, and I even got it to
mount a USB flash drive, so I should be able to install a fair bit more
software after I spend some time configuring it to relocate its
filesystem to the flash drive.  Basically start it off on its own flash,
and then swap the root partition out after it boots.

>> But the new router *is* cool in that it is working as expected, running
>> open firmware. :-)
>>

> Nice one. :-)

I'm pleased, certainly.  Hopefully this will mean I don't have to
micromanage bandwidth utilisation during the workday, and my work phone
will be able to get the bandwidth it needs for a clear signal, regardless
of whether someone's streaming a film from Netflix or not (that'd be a
good test).

Jim