POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 5 Jun 2010 06:14:11
Message: <4c0a2373@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller wrote:

> Strange how our experience can be so different.

Indeed.

> I was surprised how
> fast it was and would say it was the best I've used.

I was surprised too. Usually even cheap hand driers work surprisingly
well. I guess there's just not much to get wrong.

> No failure to register that my hands were in position.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part... This air blade is sometimes quite
awkward about that. Usually it works, but somethings it point-blank
fails to register that your hands are there (to the point that you have
to just leave with wet hands). And sometimes it stops before you've
removed your hands, and nothing you do will make it start again.

As for the sound... sound meters don't lie. 93 dB isn't quiet. (Gives me
tinnitus every time!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/