POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 5 Jun 2010 05:20:58
Message: <4c0a16fa@news.povray.org>
On 5/06/2010 6:07 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> We have a Dyson Airblade at work. It is THE most useless thing I've ever
> encountered!

Strange how our experience can be so different.  I was surprised how
fast it was and would say it was the best I've used.  No wait to heat
up.  No failure to register that my hands were in position.  Done in
about 10 seconds.  Didn't notice that it was loud although it may well
have been.

> What they definitely know how to do is design products that look
> "innovative" and "sciency". Fair play; I couldn't do that.

Yes they do that.  He should be designing spacecraft for SF book covers
and movies.  Still I find (based on the vac) that it is very well made
and works extremely well.

I understand that some of the original patents protecting the Dyson
vacuum cleaner have expired.  Now there are lots of cheap knock offs on
the market that emulate the 'bagless' aspect.  The couple I've seen up
close looked cheap and frail plus lacked a lot of the nice secondary
features.