POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Jun 2010 17:32:56
Message: <4c097108@news.povray.org>
On 04/06/2010 10:01 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 19:51:45 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>>    From my reading “Italian” food is America’s preferred style of eating
>> out. Personally I think it is over rated. My favourite “foreign” food is
>> Chinese.
>
> That doesn't surprise me, though the difference between real Italian and
> "Americanised Italian" is quite striking.

Something I (will) remain ignorant of ;-)

> Like the difference between authentic Chinese food and what normally
> passes as Chinese in both our countries (I've had Chinese in London,
> actually).

Where in London? The place I generally eat is in Soho’s Wong Kei. There
are a lot of “High Street” restaurants in Soho too :-(

> I have a friend whose mother visited (back when we were in
> high school) and she prepared "the real thing" - no Kung Pao Chicken
> there. ;-)

Lucky you :-)

> My real preference tends towards Indian (including "Indian" that
> originated in Scotland as I understand it - the curry dish), but we tend
> now not to go out for that, we make it at home. :-)

I’m not sure I follow you on this one. In Scotland as far as I remember
it’s 10 pints of beer and a vindaloo. The only British Indian dish I can
think of is Chicken Tikka Masala. Actually after Googling it I see that
Glasgow claims it as its own. And Birmingham claims the Balti.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen