POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unit tests : Re: Unit tests Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unit tests
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 4 Jun 2010 15:16:34
Message: <4c095112$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/04/10 08:32, Darren New wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>> Yep. The problem with "unit testing" per se is that it only tests a
>>> unit. It doesn't test anything except the invariants of the unit you're
>>> testing.
>>
>>     I wouldn't call it a "problem".
>
> Well, a limitation.  I do very little programming where the invariants
> of the class are particularly difficult to ensure.  That would be
> "datastructures" and "file systems", which I use system/language
> libraries for.

	I think you took me too seriously. I meant that it does precisely what
it claims to. It's not meant for all kinds of tests. Just one kind.

	I suppose limited is more appropriate, but it still sounds too
negative.<G> It's like saying mutt is limited because it doesn't send
mails and needs the sendmail command. It just was never meant for
sending mail.

--
Guitar for sale. Very cheap. No strings attached.