POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another firefighters story : Re: Another firefighters story Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another firefighters story
From: clipka
Date: 4 Jun 2010 14:03:39
Message: <4c093ffb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.06.2010 10:12, schrieb somebody:

> Therein lies the problem. It may be obvious that overweight individuals are
> physically inferior to normal weight ones - I'll leave it to you do decide
> if this statement is "weightist" or not, or even if it's true or false. But
> in the same vein, the ruling carries the implication that blacks are
> inferior according to at least one metric. Is that the message SC intends to
> send?

No, as far as I understand the SC's ruling says no more or less than
that if people want to have an official /examination/ of whether a test
or the use of its results constitute racism, sexism or whatever-ism,
then their right to get such an examination does not depend on how long
ago the test was taken, but on how long ago the results were actually used.

Any other implication of the ruling is artificial flavor added by the press.