POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another firefighters story : Re: Another firefighters story Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another firefighters story
From: clipka
Date: 4 Jun 2010 13:50:38
Message: <4c093cee$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.06.2010 19:19, schrieb Orchid XP v8:
>>> This logic is so horrifyingly broken...
>>
>> Not if the prime axiom of anti-racism holds true, that all races are
>> equal; because if you take that for granted, any test that exhibits
>> significantly different test results for different races /must/ be
>> broken.
>
> False.

No Sir, because...

> It's not difficult to prove that different races have different access
> to education, which quite obviously has a radical effect on the ability
> to pass tests that measure how educated you are. Nothing inherant about
> the ability of a race, just environmental factors.

... if a test measures education instead of ability, according to
aforementioned prime axiom the test /is/ broken. Q.E.D.

>  From what I've heard, the less superficial differences are fairly
> minor. For example, females have higher intelligence *on average*, and
> yet it's not difficult to find a particular male who is more intelligent
> than a particular female (i.e., there's a large overlap in the ranges).

I was thinking about things like anatomy (which is /far/ from
"superficial" as in "looks different superficially but does the same"),
hormones, different(!) intelligence (more focused on "social
intelligence" in women for instance), possibly related to different
anatomy of the brain (more links between brain hemispheres in women),
better ability of women to pay attention to multiple things at once,
better ability of men to focus attention on a single thing - stuff like
that.

(Hey' we're talking about a difference of a whole chromosome, after all.)