POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another firefighters story : Re: Another firefighters story Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another firefighters story
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 Jun 2010 13:19:22
Message: <4c09359a$1@news.povray.org>
>> This logic is so horrifyingly broken...
>
> Not if the prime axiom of anti-racism holds true, that all races are
> equal; because if you take that for granted, any test that exhibits
> significantly different test results for different races /must/ be broken.

False.

It's not difficult to prove that different races have different access
to education, which quite obviously has a radical effect on the ability
to pass tests that measure how educated you are. Nothing inherant about
the ability of a race, just environmental factors.

The correct thing, of course, would be to correct the environmental
differences rather than all this "you have to hire X% black people" crap.

> Then again, I never managed to understand how anyone can even claim that
> men and women are equal, given the pretty obvious anatomic differences -
> and the same goes for "whites", "blacks", "yellows", "reds" and
> what-have-you-nots: They obviously /are/ different, if only in outer
> appearance (and in fact there are less obvious differences, such as
> resistances against certain ailments and drugs).

 From what I've heard, the less superficial differences are fairly
minor. For example, females have higher intelligence *on average*, and
yet it's not difficult to find a particular male who is more intelligent
than a particular female (i.e., there's a large overlap in the ranges).

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/