POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unit tests : Re: Unit tests Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unit tests
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jun 2010 11:33:43
Message: <4c091cd7$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>>> Yep. The problem with "unit testing" per se is that it only tests a
>>> unit. It doesn't test anything except the invariants of the unit you're
>>> testing.
>>
>>     I wouldn't call it a "problem".
>
> Well, a limitation.  I do very little programming where the invariants
> of the class are particularly difficult to ensure.  That would be
> "datastructures" and "file systems", which I use system/language
> libraries for.

Or, to rephrase, sure, a SQL server can have gazillions of unit tests that
make sense. But I don't write SQL servers. That's been done. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly