POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? : Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fan without blades: should we ROTFL or weep?
From: TC
Date: 4 Jun 2010 08:17:52
Message: <4c08eef0$1@news.povray.org>
> Put my hand through one in the store.

Sure - but the impeller (hidden in the base) is still based on rotating
mechanical objects. Or am I wrong here? Did I miss something? If so - my
apologies.

I see small difference (in priciple) between it and a fan. Nothing really
new, apart from the ring-geometry used to amplify airflow.

And I really doubt that the impeller is more easy to clean than a
conventional fan. What if enough dust is sucked inside the impeller? >Can<
you even clean it?