POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 and C++0x : Re: Beta 37 and C++0x Server Time
7 Jul 2024 11:05:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 and C++0x
From: Warp
Date: 3 Jun 2010 15:19:48
Message: <4c080054@news.povray.org>
> > If the official stance of the POV-team is that compilers with C++0x
> > features enabled are not (yet) supported, then that is fine. At least it

> Our official stance is that we support what our source code pages say we
> support. You can read into that what you wish.

  I honestly cannot understand what is deemed so problematic here.

  After all, the solution to the problem presented in the original post is
quite simple: Use a fully qualified shared_ptr (iow. "boost::shared_ptr").
Even if both boost and std have the same "shared_ptr", it doesn't matter:
If you fully qualify it, it will be unambiguous. You don't need compiler-
specific settings or outright dropping support for a compiler which
implements things in the new C++ standard, and blaming such compilers for
"breaking boost".

--
                                                          - Warp