POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Andy - question : Re: Andy - question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Andy - question
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jun 2010 14:57:44
Message: <4c07fb28$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:17:14 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> The defense presents exhibit A:
>>
>> http://notalwaysright.com/big-bother/5677
>>
>> What's your interpretation of the intelligence of people in the UK
>> based on this? ;-)
>
> Pfaaahahahaha!
>
> Yes, there are unfortunately a number of people in this country who
> would, in fact, do something that dumb. (I don't know if this is true of
> other countries, but it is true of the UK.)

Well, yes, but my point is that one (or even "a number") does not equate
in any way to "all".  IOW, my point was about making generalisations with
such a broad brush as to exclude the fact that for a given population,
there are going to be some not-so-smart people and some incredibly smart
people, and that some people who are not so smart will get into positions
where their lack of intelligence will be made really apparent.

That doesn't mean everyone in that country is dumb, which was the
generalisation you were making. ;-)

Jim