POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scale by axis? : Re: Scale by axis? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 03:39:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scale by axis?
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jun 2010 02:41:32
Message: <4c05fd1c$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/06/2010 9:13 PM, Alain wrote:

>> On 01/06/2010 3:44 AM, Alain wrote:
>>> You can only scale uniformly.
>>
>> Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that you could scale
>> <x, y, z> ;-)
> The question was about non-uniform scaling along an axis. There is
> nothing that prevent you from scaling diferently for each axis.
> Any straight line through the object will remain straight after that
> kind of scaling.

often (probably never) make simple mistakes. Heigh Ho! Another example
of how PovRay keeps your mind young. ;-)

> In that sample, the scale depends on the current value of the location,
> but remains constant for the whole object.
> When the object is located close to the origin, it's scaled small, and
> large far away from the origin. By the way, you still can have a scaling
> by zero. What about My_Location = <-0.000001, -0.000001, -0.000001>?

Of course but this is the newusers group and I feel that there is no
need to over complicate answers. Also as I implied above I thought that
it was a simpler question.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen