POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 and C++0x : Re: Beta 37 and C++0x Server Time
5 Oct 2024 17:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 and C++0x
From: clipka
Date: 1 Jun 2010 16:11:43
Message: <4c05697f@news.povray.org>
Am 01.06.2010 21:46, schrieb Warp:

>> In case you don't notice: You're currently treading on the feet of many
>> who are contributing to POV-Ray. Please, by all means, switch to a less
>> destructive mode or - beg your pardon - STFU. You're addressing people,
>> not programming robots!
>
>    Maybe if someone would finally produce some rational arguments why the
> current usage of 'using namespace' should be kept and the problems kludged
> around with some compiler-specific precompiler macros.

Are you even marginally aware that those people don't report to you?
They're not your slaves, nor is it /your/ software they're writing -
it's /their/ software, which they happen to love to produce, and they
are producing it just the way they happen to do. If they decide to
kludge around it, they will kludge around it as long as they like.

If you don't think they're doing it right, then take it, join it, or
leave it.

If you think your postings are of much help, then no - obviously they're
not. They might, in case you start treating those people with more respect.

(Yes, I am aware that some time ago you did contribute to POV-Ray. But
as far as I can see, you're more into criticism and utter disrespect
these days. And I don't even mean lack of respect for the work they do,
but even lack of the basic respect for them as persons.)