POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: scott
Date: 1 Jun 2010 02:42:36
Message: <4c04abdc$1@news.povray.org>
> Huh. I wonder if the XBox controller is bluetooth, or something
> specialized. I never really wondered if they used something standard.

Oh I don't know if the PS3 ones are standard bluetooth or not (I always
assumed they were, but come to think about it I'm not sure).  My point
really was that compared to IR remotes you don't have to point them at the
TV, they just seem a lot more responsive.  Also the photo viewer on the PS3
is cool, using the two analogue thumbsticks to zoom/pan.

A few things that annoy me about the PS3 GUI (or hopefully I'm just dumb and
someone can tell me how to fix them):

1) Unless you prepare your memory stick/USB hard drive with certain folders,
you always have to go to the menu and choose "Show entire contents" rather
than just clicking on the drive icon.  At least have the option to disable
this "feature" and show the whole drive straight away.

2) If you pause for more than a second or two while looking at the contents
of a folder (eg you are choosing a song to play or a video to watch) then
all the files apart from the one currently selected fade away to invisible!
I think this behaviour was introduced with some update, because I'm sure it
didn't always to do that.

3) I want to search for the next song to play *without* stopping the
currently playing one!  How do I do that?

> I will say, the IR port on the xbox leaves much to be desired, as does
> using an xbox controller as a media player control.

Someone gave me the PS3 bluray remote control thingy for a birthday, but I
hardly used it because the gamepad works completely fine (and I know which
buttons do what).  Also the gamepad I can charge by just plugging it into
the USB of the PS3, the bluray remote needs me to get out my real battery
charger every so often.