POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another firefighters story : Re: Another firefighters story Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another firefighters story
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jun 2010 01:22:06
Message: <4c0498fe@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 31 May 2010 15:47:46 -0600, somebody wrote:

> "Neeum Zawan" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message
>
>> http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018797035
>
> It's a little surreal that the SC can still imply it's a given that
> blacks will not do well when tested fairly alongside whites when the
> residing president is black.

Just because the sitting president is black doesn't mean we've achieved
equality everywhere in the country.

There are still parts of the country where the divide in education is
very strongly pronounced along racial lines because of differences in
schools where the predominant race of students is black vs. schools where
the predominant race of the students is white.

To suggest that having a black president makes everything equal now
everywhere is just a bit of a straw man.

Jim