POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 and C++0x : Re: Beta 37 and C++0x Server Time
4 Jul 2024 18:52:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 and C++0x
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 May 2010 12:44:02
Message: <4c03e752$1@news.povray.org>
On 31.05.10 18:41, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> On 30.05.10 22:39, clipka wrote:
>> I think a reasonable way to achieve this would be to drop the "using
>> namespace boost;" and replace it with either explicit namespace
>> prefixes, or - which I'd personally favor - individual "using
>> boost::whatever" statements to pull only the identifiers into global
>> namespace that are actually used.
>
> I think first we should look at where it is actually used. In most cases
> a typedef would be preferable to a general plain find and replace.

Another thing to consider is that it may actually be that boost already
provides or will provide the the functionality to move boost stuff out of
the way in favor of platform specific implementation if it can detect their
presence. Unfortunetly, these boost features are not always documented as
well as they could be, so some digging in the boost mailing lists might be
required.

	Thorsten