POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 and C++0x : Re: Beta 37 and C++0x Server Time
4 Jul 2024 18:43:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 and C++0x
From: clipka
Date: 31 May 2010 07:29:29
Message: <4c039d99@news.povray.org>
Am 31.05.2010 00:08, schrieb Fredrik Eriksson:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:51:38 +0200, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>>
>> Plus, it is also vitally important that the person proposing a
>> solution is willing to pay some price for it. For instance, invest a
>> fair deal of patience. Or actively helping to implement it.
>
> I would certainly be willing to put in the effort required to "fix" this
> issue. However, considering the various opinions presented in this
> thread, I think it would be unwise to "just go ahead and make it so"
> until there is some consensus as to which solution is to be preferred.
> Unfortunately, there is as far as I know no coding style guide for
> POV-Ray, so personal opinions (sometimes strongly held) are bound to
> come into play.

Don't worry - that sentence of mine wasn't really addressed to you in
particular. I was just musing about how initial resistance can be
overcome by whoever would pick up the glove of trying to move towards a
particular solution.

After all, you just reported the issue and hinted at the underlying
problem - that puts you into different shoes than other people who have
been involved in this discussion and expressed their opinion of how
things should be done instead.