POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : HDTV resolution : Re: HDTV resolution Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDTV resolution
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 30 May 2010 18:54:45
Message: <4c02ecb5@news.povray.org>
On 05/29/10 11:20, nemesis wrote:
> what about pictures?  Have you tried that one?  Do pictures larger than the
> screen appear smaller by default?

	My TV only takes in SD cards, not USB. Since I don't have such a card,
I can't check. I can view photos via the PS3, but then that's not
dependent on the TV modes.

	Try a smaller image than what the TV specs are, but of the same aspect
ratio. It wouldn't surprise me if it shows up full screen on some mode.

> oh, I got this TV both because my old CRT was dying a slow death and to
> eventually finally grab a PS3 (mainly for God of War 3 and bluray movies). :)

	I got the PS3 because it had 3 things:

1. Ability to play Blu-Ray.

2. Ability to stream videos from the computer.

3. Ability to stream from NetFlix.

I originally had thought of getting 3 separate devices. A friend
convinced me to buy a PS3 instead. I wish I hadn't listened to him.
Still, it was about $100 cheaper than buying all 3...

--
If it's easy it's a trick. If it's hard it's a technique.