POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Darren New
Date: 30 May 2010 14:52:51
Message: <4c02b403$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> At least if you get a PS3, it does Blu-Ray also.  XBox went with HDDVD and
>> failed at that too. :-)
>
>   I thought that the HD-DVD drive of the Xbox 360 was a peripheral, sold
> separately, and that the Xbox 360 itself simply has a regular DVD drive
> (unlike the PS3, where the standard drive is a Blu-Ray one).

That's correct.  But you can't buy an external BluRay drive for the xbox,
even now.

I mean, if you buy a PS3, you can avoid buying a bluray disk player, which
costs about half what a PS3 costs in the USA at least. And I understand the
PS3 player is a very nice implementation.

If you buy an XBox, it plays games, and media, but no blu-ray. It'll play HD
netflix stuff, I think, but I'm not sure how that works in Europe.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid