POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 and C++0x : Re: Beta 37 and C++0x Server Time
2 Jul 2024 15:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 and C++0x
From: Warp
Date: 30 May 2010 14:32:48
Message: <4c02af50@news.povray.org>
> On 30.05.10 19:29, Warp wrote:
> > Thorsten Froehlich<tho### [at] trfde>  wrote:
> >
> >> Why should I waste my time? ;-)
> >
> >    In other words, you don't have any actual rational arguments.

> ROFL, no, it is because after over 12 years I know from a lot of experience
> that arguing with you over *anything* is a waste of time because you
> interpret every comma according to some weird interpretation and then
> construct conflicts where none exist, twist words, and generally like to
> start flame wars. Hence it is a waste of time because the flame wars you
> start lead to no meaningful result.

  And likewise I know that when you get cornered, you start avoiding the
actual subject by starting a meta-discussion about the "reasons" why you
won't present any more arguments to defend your position. It's not the
first time you have accused me if misinterpreting what you have written
and completely failed to specify exactly how I was mistinterpreting and
what is it that you really meant, even when I specifically asked for a
clarification.

  There is no possible misinterpretation in this thread. You clearly and
unambiguously defend the "using namespace std;" command, and even go so
far as to claim that using it somehow improves maintainability, while I
completely disagree and claim that it's the exact opposite: That abusing
that command decreases maintainability, readability and only introduces
problems (like in this case).

  If you accuse me of misinterpreting what you are saying, then please
explain more clearly what is it that you are saying.

--
                                                          - Warp