POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : a simple 3ds max box not centered and resized correctly in povray : Re: a simple 3ds max box not centered and resized correctly in povray Server Time
19 May 2024 04:37:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a simple 3ds max box not centered and resized correctly in povray
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 30 May 2010 11:37:42
Message: <4c028646$1@news.povray.org>
optima wrote:

> What setting do I need to change in max to consistenly export to the same
> dimensions every time? Customize/Unit Setup/System unit scale  dont work I tried
> many times.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the problem. You set up a box
100 units in size and the exported mesh seems to have coordinates
ranging from -50 to 50 which is also 100 units in size.

How you scale the unit to fit into your scene is another matter.
Units in povray are abstract and have no absolute real world size,
so you can't expect it to end up with a size of "100 cm" anyway.
You need to scale and translate according to your needs in SDL.