POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Logicsim Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logicsim
From: Invisible
Date: 28 May 2010 11:24:52
Message: <4bffe044$1@news.povray.org>
>> So have you got any further with it yet? ;-)
>
> Yep.
>
> I have the wiring completed now. I'm posting a new exe soon. I was kind
> of hoping to get your opinions of the UI as I move forward.

You probably want to start a new thread when you do... This subthread is
fairly deeply burried. But sure, I'll look at it.

> I'm trying to keep the app as flexible as possible without being
> unwieldy. The simulation core need some serious work, though.

I could point out several things I dislike about LogiSim that I hope you
can avoid doing - but I think I'll just wait and see what you *have*
done and comment on that. ;-)

> I'm just hoping the people that download the app when it's complete
> won't roast me for using the .NET framework like they did on the other
> .NET app.

I've got a VM with .NET on it now, so it should be fairly easy to test.

> Also, probably due for a rename when it's more final judging by the
> similarity of the name of LogiSim. I created the project before I
> searched for other similar projects. That's how I found LogiSim in the
> first place. Shame on me. ;)

Well, let's see, you're writing a *logic* *simulator*. You might take a
wild guess that similar existing products will have names consisting of
some contraction of these two words... ;-)

It's like writing a Mandelbrot generator and calling it MandelPlot or
something. I wouldn't be surprised at all if somebody has already taken
that name.

Call it something random like POV-Wire or something. :-D