POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics activity : Re: Electronics activity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics activity
From: Darren New
Date: 26 May 2010 18:16:49
Message: <4bfd9dd1$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> On 5/26/2010 10:43 AM, Darren New wrote:
>

>> They're not pull-down resistors at the end of the chain?
>>

> Just did a quick read on SCSI termination. Yes, they are pull down
> resistors!

I never looked it up specifically, but it's pretty obvious from looking at
the SCSI protocol specs that the addressing and bus mastering and such works
by pulling down zeros and letting ones float. Hence the "SCSI Priority"
being the LUN and having "0" always be the host.  It's a pretty common way
of working a shared bus, from ISDN to those one-wire protocol capsules.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid