POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fatality : Re: Fatality Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fatality
From: Darren New
Date: 26 May 2010 11:55:37
Message: <4bfd4479$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   When your PC starts misbehaving clearly due to some hardware failure,
> the very first thing you do is check the PSU.

That's because computers are really analog devices. If the PSU isn't
delivering enough voltage or current to keep the thing in spec, it goes back
to being an analog device (i.e., the circuits aren't driven to saturation),
and everything that assumes it's behaving digitally stops working reliably.

That's what I mean when I say at the lowest levels, everything on the wires
and in the computer is analog. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid