POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Glacial : Re: Glacial Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glacial
From: Darren New
Date: 26 May 2010 11:51:53
Message: <4bfd4399$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> On the other hand, that wouldn't explain why it takes almost a second to
> open my inbox. (I was under the impression that *reading* flash RAM
> isn't especially slow.)

It depends on the interface. MicroSD has a serial connection. You can buy
chips with a couple orders of magnitude difference in speed. Fast ones are
for things like cameras. Slow ones are for things like phone books.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid