POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Anamolous material : Re: Anamolous material Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:16:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anamolous material
From: scott
Date: 26 May 2010 11:19:05
Message: <4bfd3be9$1@news.povray.org>
> I've never seen *nothing* happen...

Maybe we just didn't make our fires big enough first :-)

> Hmm, how much of the ingredients do you need? Some vinegar first, hold the
> bottle on its side, pack the cap with soda and screw it on, shake and
> throw?

My friend had these small plastic bags that dissolved in water after a
minute or two (I think he used them for fishing somehow).  We filled those
with the baking soda (a good few big spoons worth) and poked them through
the neck into a bottle half full with vinegar.  Screw the lid on then throw
:-)

> Or, you could contrive some kind of floating separator like a small piece
> of
> clingfilm, pour in the soda, screw on cap, shake and throw?

Hehe, yes it was one of the big important engineering puzzles we worked on!
We tried just wrapping the baking soda in clingfilm, but it was hard to wrap
it just the right amount so it mixed only after being thrown.  That was when
we had the idea to use the disposable bags.