POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fatality : Re: Fatality Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fatality
From: clipka
Date: 26 May 2010 06:15:18
Message: <4bfcf4b6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.05.2010 10:32, schrieb Invisible:

> Also, it's DDR-400 RAM, which Ebuyer no longer sells in quantities
> greater than 1GB for some reason.

As you're probably not running many memory-hungry applications in
parallel, and I guesstimate we're talking about a 32-bit system, you
won't be able to utilize much more than 4 GB anyway. So presuming that
using all 4 slots typically gives some speed advantage, 1 GB is the
maximum module size you'll want to buy.

As for the price - what do you expect from a product that is no longer
manufactured in too high quantities anymore, with the primary target
group being people desperately trying to keep their old legacy computers
running?