POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Benchmark.pov update before release : Re: Benchmark.pov update before release Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:49:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Benchmark.pov update before release
From: Darren New
Date: 25 May 2010 12:28:30
Message: <4bfbfaae$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:
> the OS scheduler sucks if we still get a 2:1 ratio!)

It's well known that the Windows scheduler sucks if you mix interactive with
compute-bound jobs. Especially at the same priority level. Almost as badly
as it sucks with interactive vs I/O-bound jobs, but not quite.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Ada - the programming language trying to avoid