POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rad_def.inc : Re: rad_def.inc Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rad_def.inc
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 25 May 2010 12:12:51
Message: <4bfbf703$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/24/2010 01:22 PM, clipka wrote:

> Some typos:
>
>     // An empty raddiosiy block uses deault settings
>                   ^^   ^^       ~~~~  ^^
> should be "An empty radiosity block using default settings", I think.

ah yes ... I did notice that, but was hoping for some technical upgrades
while I had the file checked out.

Currently working on a scene that's been rendering since last evening.
Granted it has media (shafts of light through a window) but that seems
kind of lengthy render time to me. I'm doing radiosity gather (two pass)
with a tad of AA and media samples less than what I'd settle for in the
final version. I'm using the IndoorHG setting and was wondering if the
"canned" settings are optimal. Any thoughts on if these are the settings
to use or can I do better with less overhead (render time)

Jim