POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics research : Re: Electronics research Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics research
From: Invisible
Date: 25 May 2010 04:06:32
Message: <4bfb8508$1@news.povray.org>

>>> A very common choice is 10 kOhm.
>>
>> OK. That should only be a few pence...
>
> Unless you are connecting a switch to the input, I don't see why you'd
> need a pull-down resistor, just connect it directly to ground.

Indeed. So it looks like I'm going to end up needing a seperate
pull-down resistor for each "external" input to the logic system. I was
hoping I could get away with just one, but that apparently won't work at
all...

Oh well, I guess I'm not going to have all that many manual inputs.

The other problem is that I suspect connecting an LED to an output drags
the voltage out of spec, so I probably can't connect the same output to
an input. I guess I'll just buy myself a hex buffer and be done with it.