POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you ever made a powerpoint : Re: If you ever made a powerpoint Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you ever made a powerpoint
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 May 2010 18:02:46
Message: <4bfaf786$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2010 07:14:08 +0200, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>>
>> who was offered what? was everyone competing for top rewards?  i don't
>> get it.
>
> The test was performed several times, each time with different levels of
> reward offered. The participants competing for big rewards did worse
> than those competing for small (or no) rewards.
>
> Admittedly, he does kind of confuse things in that video, especially
> with the drawings. Neeum Zawan linked to a better video, one that even
> has a citation for the experiment:
> http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/dan_pink_on_motivation.html

Okay I see.  Well he still makes exactly the same reversal, just about
word for word.  Again I still don't see a clear path from the experiment
as he describes it to a result that 'the greater the money, reward the
less the performance,' but I do believe the related idea that the more
you try to motivate with money for certain types of production, the
poorer the result may be.