POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Electronics activity : Re: Electronics activity Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electronics activity
From: Invisible
Date: 24 May 2010 09:38:48
Message: <4bfa8168$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Pre-cut wires? Gee, you must have too much money to spend ;-) (or
>>> suffering from an utter lack of time... duh, thinking about it, it
>>> somehow makes sense after all... >_<)
>>
>> Well, I don't know where my soldering iron, solder or wire cutters are.
>> And I know from experience that trying to strip wires is approximately

>> for a nice set of wires with a box to keep them in wasn't bad.
>
> This is why you buy solid wire and not stranded!

Trouble is, you just can't *bend* the stuff! It's like trying so connect
components together with a coat hanger...

(Although, I bought 4 chunks of wire, and one of them actually *is*
single-core wire. While it's rather rigid, it's not quite as bad as the
other stuff.)

>> colours...)
>>

> Copper isn't cheap....

And 10 m of wire weighs, what, about 10 grams?

Oddly, both the single-strand and multi-strand cables appear to contain
some kind of white metal, not copper.