POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : If you ever made a powerpoint : Re: If you ever made a powerpoint Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: If you ever made a powerpoint
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 May 2010 17:47:08
Message: <4bf9a25c$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 23 May 2010 22:04:55 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Who is this guy, and how the heck does is draw so fast? That's
>>> amazing!
>>
>> He doesn't, the video is sped up to keep pace with the lecture.
>
> Yeah, I know that. ;-)

I thought that might be the case, but you've surprised us before. ;-)

> But in seriousness... I could stand in front of a board for several
> weeks and not draw anything this good. Man, those drawing classes really
> paid off. :-(

Some people have a knack; some people don't.  I couldn't draw like that
either.

>>> Also, where did he get an infinite whiteboard from??
>>
>> I've taught in classrooms that had whiteboards big enough to
>> accommodate something like this - it doesn't look to me like it needed
>> a *lot* of space, really.
>
> Really? I've never seen one larger than about 6 feet across.

Yeah, really.

In a couple of our so-called "warrooms", the entire wall - ceiling to
floor, corner to corner - is all whiteboard.

The two larger classrooms in our office in Provo are easily 25'x5' in
size.

But even in standard classrooms that I teach in (with 4-15 students)
typically have whiteboards that are the width of the room.

Jim