POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Incredible times : Re: Incredible times Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Incredible times
From: nemesis
Date: 21 May 2010 15:28:29
Message: <4bf6dedd@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
> somebody wrote:
>> OTOH, software is as dumb as ever,
>
> Oh, I disagree.
>
>> without any credible hope of AI on the horizon,
>
> There never was. By the time it's credible hope, it's not AI any more.

At least now they can design cells (or just genome for now).  Someday,
they'll design genetically-enhaced neural cells and hope those make them
obsolete.

>> humans have not visited the moon in my lifetime,
>
> Of course we have. Just not in person. That's because we have excellent AI.

and there's plenty of people who've bought large areas in the moon
already.  They're eager to get there and start the crops... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9