POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Prehistoric dust : Re: Dusty Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dusty
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 May 2010 12:05:30
Message: <4bf6af4a$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 2010 15:58:27 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> ...there was a US Election in 2000?
>>
>> There's one every 4 years ... the last one was in 2008.
>
> My point being that the rest of the world probably doesn't take as much
> notice as the US itself does. ;-)

Actually, a fair amount of the world does take notice, because the US is
seen by many to be the one remaining "superpower" and the presidential
election has a pretty significant effect on the rest of the world.

But Mike is wrong about there being an election every 4 years; there's an
election every 2 years, just the "big" ones are every 4 years.

Jim