POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Incredible times : Re: Incredible times Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Incredible times
From: somebody
Date: 21 May 2010 11:16:50
Message: <4bf6a3e2@news.povray.org>
news:4bf616df$1@news.povray.org...

> We went from black-and-white TV and movie credit crawls done with a board
on
> the floor and ASCII line printer art, to Up and Avatar and real-time
> interactive movie-quality video games, all while I've been around to enjoy
it.

OTOH, software is as dumb as ever, without any credible hope of AI on the
horizon, humans have not visited the moon in my lifetime, lifespans have not
noticably increased and little progress has been made towards curing the
major killers like cancer. Entertainment and communication has come a long
way in my lifetime, but I'd rather to have lived 50-100 years later when I
suspect more significant advances will take place.